You are not connected. Please login or register

Input needed from students: Dojo's look

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Input needed from students: Dojo's look Empty Input needed from students: Dojo's look on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:50 am

t3st3rd3ck

t3st3rd3ck
Administrator
This will be a global announcement for 7 days, before being moved to suggestions/questions as a sticky. A poll may be put up later.

We're ready to go into the next step for GFX work. We want input from you. Reply here with what you want the dojo to look like. Be detailed as we may put your choice up in a poll. Give support to ideas you like.

Last edited by t3st3rd3ck on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Input needed from students: Dojo's look 12Qzu

2Input needed from students: Dojo's look Empty Re: Input needed from students: Dojo's look on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:19 am

t3st3rd3ck

t3st3rd3ck
Administrator
I heard a lot of input on PMs and email on this matter but still no input here. Let me be abundantly clear, even if you hate the current GFX you will not disrespect the work put into it or the person who put the work in. Any behavior like that will put a stike on your record going forward, you don't want that. It was hard work, remaking it will be hard work and we should all be grateful. If you have critism to give make sure it's constructive and not in any way offensive.

Try instead to focus on what you want, and going into detail about your hypothetical layout. I'll start with the next post.

3Input needed from students: Dojo's look Empty Re: Input needed from students: Dojo's look on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:25 am

t3st3rd3ck

t3st3rd3ck
Administrator
I really like the generic anime look we had in the beginning. I don't like the cars we have as they don't make much sense in context. But the generic anime look gives off the idea of a school and student life that is appealing to me, and gives the place a friendly vibe. I personally heard a few complaints about the effects. I have mixed feelings on them. On some pictures they look approperate, like the current animations for the dorms, or hunting grounds. I think we can achieve a good mixture.

I would like to have less pictures of monsters. Not because I have anything against them, just that it's done everywhere else and I'd like the academy to look original.

Ok, thats all the input I really have in me.

4Input needed from students: Dojo's look Empty Re: Input needed from students: Dojo's look on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 am

Light Of Judgment

Light Of Judgment
I think we need to get Lightning's face the hell off of video game zone xD

She's far too busy soiling the good name of JRPG to be hanging around here Razz

5Input needed from students: Dojo's look Empty Re: Input needed from students: Dojo's look on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:57 am

t3st3rd3ck

t3st3rd3ck
Administrator
I also am not a fan of FF14, till the votes and suggestions are in on new design were not gonna worry about it tho.

6Input needed from students: Dojo's look Empty Re: Input needed from students: Dojo's look on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:31 am

Twio12

Twio12
Some of the Navigation buttons need to be re-sized, some have the bottom half of the words cut off like "comment" and "center". Also I don't know why some of them are different colours to other ones. I second T3's opinion about the cars. Also I loved the old ID picture with that rotten green dragon thing, that always made me lol.

Input needed from students: Dojo's look Adsadad

Sig by Solarfall.

Input needed from students: Dojo's look Images2d Input needed from students: Dojo's look Wpfjmag
Input needed from students: Dojo's look 40e32d309baa48e9ad314ed

7Input needed from students: Dojo's look Empty Re: Input needed from students: Dojo's look on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:55 pm

DengakuMan

DengakuMan
Administrator
I preferred the old layout. It seemed more organized and easier to manage, combined with the fact that now you cannot see the new messages. I dislike the new icon/classification. It bears resemblance to ECA, and since we have a match coming up, i don`t want to start anything.

OFFICIAL INFECTED DUELIST DORM HEAD
MEMBER OF THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS DORM WARS TEAM
---------------------------------
Input needed from students: Dojo's look Crim_b11
Nothing great in this world is meant to stay. R.I.P my cat Mason.

"Think past the old tales. They are but stories created by your forefathers to explain our departure. Kernels of truth exist within them, yes, but buried within a field of deceptions."
-Zeratul

8Input needed from students: Dojo's look Empty Re: Input needed from students: Dojo's look on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:50 pm

JustAnotherDuelist

JustAnotherDuelist
GFX Designer
DengakuMan:

I am sorry that this layout is not the best one out there, but it is mandatory if new features are to be added.

The new layout uses a different theme. The old layout was known as a phpBB3 theme. A phpBB3 theme has everything already entered into the system, and it is basically called a "pre-made" feature. Although the old layout was very stylish and easy to manage, it does not allow any new features to be added. This significantly interferes with the academy later on by not being able to add in special DTD-only features. Overall, a phpBB3 theme is already made for you but you cannot do anything else to it. It can become quite messy later on when changing themes when the academy is more developed.

The theme that it is now is known as phpBB2. Although the theme is very generic and hard to manage and organize, it has an advantage, that being that it is 100% personalized, and that you can change whatever you want to it. This is especially handy when adding in new features (i.e Sidebar, Pop-Up Chatbox, you name it). That said, although this academy does look like ECA, it will eventually become more organized as the academy styling becomes formalized and complete. If you have any personal suggestions on anything you want to add, please post here.

Twio12: I'm sorry, but I don't fully understand your suggestion. Are you talking about the Navbar on the top below the banner, or something else?
I do believe that the cars should be removed, as they don't really make much sense, but more votes and comments are needed. before a decision is made.

That's all I have to say at the moment. If you have any comments/opinions to my response please continue posting below.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum