Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Academy Banlist

+2
Shadowthehedgehog1
JustAnotherDuelist
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Academy Banlist Empty Academy Banlist Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:27 pm

JustAnotherDuelist

JustAnotherDuelist
GFX Designer

As you know, the last Banlist was made on May 11, and I feel that with the new archetypes and cards the Banlist may need to be changed. Please read carefully over the Banlist below.

Forbidden Cards:

Limited Cards:

Semi-Limited:

Unlimited:

If you have any questions about this Banlist, please say so below. Remember, this is a drafted Banlist and is open to discussion.

2Academy Banlist Empty Re: Academy Banlist Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Shadowthehedgehog1

Shadowthehedgehog1

Why isn't Redox and Tempest limited?

3Academy Banlist Empty Re: Academy Banlist Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:41 pm

JustAnotherDuelist

JustAnotherDuelist
GFX Designer

I wanted to hinder Elemental Dragons by removing their main engine, but did not want to kill them entirely. Although the archetype is completely on steroids, I was lenient when making the Banlist. Blaster and Tidal are the 2 most used E-Dragons, so I wanted to limit their use. The limit of Big-Eye also gets rid of the decks firepower.

4Academy Banlist Empty Re: Academy Banlist Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:46 pm

d2time

d2time

I think Super Rejuvenation and Mecha Draccosack would hurt more than the monsters. And with a limited Bear I think semi limited tenki would be more useful because its usefulness in multiple decks.

5Academy Banlist Empty Re: Academy Banlist Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:06 pm

edo001

edo001

I don't understand why most of the "troll" decks are forbidden. Lately, the only decks that are gaining the most attention are Elemental Dragons, Prophecy, Steelswarm, and Mermail, aka the meta. Why are cards like Exodia, final countdown and self destruct button forbidden if they were not seen played as much as the meta (All banlists relate to the meta)?

6Academy Banlist Empty Re: Academy Banlist Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:49 pm

benren

steelswarm so meta. but the banning of exodia and self destruct and the like is more because playing against those decks isn't fun and does not create a good atmosphere for a duel academy i assume. i agree though, lswarm and mermails are still winning more games than anything besides prophecy and edragons. I'd say dragoons and kery to 1

7Academy Banlist Empty Re: Academy Banlist Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:43 am

Twio12

Twio12

I don't agree with changing Konami's banlist for things such as Book of Moon and Grand Mole. If it's already at 1, leave it at 1.

8Academy Banlist Empty Re: Academy Banlist Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:47 am

Twio12

Twio12

In addition I think you are being too hard on the meta. Limiting both Tidal and Blaster is too much. Ban Big Eye and put Sack to 1-2. Leave everything else at 3. Bear needs to be at 3 because Fire Fists aren't good. Kerykeion needs to be at 3 because Evilswarms aren't good. Seriously, we can't hit stuff just because we don't like playing against it. We should only hit stuff that makes the game unbalanced. Is Brofist Bear unbalanced? Is Kerykeion unbalanced? Is Tenki unbalanced? No. No. No.

9Academy Banlist Empty Re: Academy Banlist Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:30 am

Twio12

Twio12

Better yet, scrap the individual card banlist and just make a list of banned archetypes like when T3 was here, i.e. no more than 7 cards from these archetypes can be used in a duel. That way you don't completely screw people who are teching cards like tenki, bear, rabbit and 1-2 e drags.

In my opinion, the banned archetypes should be:

Dragon Rulers
Prophecy
Mermails
Burn
Dark World
Lightsworns
FTK / OTK decks (excluding Karakuris)
Special Win Condition

Realistically I can't think of any other decks which we can classify as being "unfair".

10Academy Banlist Empty Re: Academy Banlist Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:52 am

Twio12

Twio12

The reason I want those two on there is because both can just derp you with very little set up. If DWs open with a couple of monsters + card d / dragged down, there isn't a lot you can do. If Lightsworn draws into JD or BLS, again, there isn't a lot you can do. I don't mind Fire Fist and Evilswarms being legal because they are control decks that generally are incapable of otks. But I don't mind, they can go on the banlist for all I care.

11Academy Banlist Empty Re: Academy Banlist Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:35 pm

JustAnotherDuelist

JustAnotherDuelist
GFX Designer

Twio12 wrote:I don't agree with changing Konami's banlist for things such as Book of Moon and Grand Mole. If it's already at 1, leave it at 1.

Alright.

Twio12 wrote:In addition I think you are being too hard on the meta. Limiting both Tidal and Blaster is too much. Ban Big Eye and put Sack to 1-2. Leave everything else at 3. Bear needs to be at 3 because Fire Fists aren't good. Kerykeion needs to be at 3 because Evilswarms aren't good. Seriously, we can't hit stuff just because we don't like playing against it. We should only hit stuff that makes the game unbalanced. Is Brofist Bear unbalanced? Is Kerykeion unbalanced? Is Tenki unbalanced? No. No. No.

The whole point of me limiting tidal and blaster is that they already have enough engines. However, I will agree to ban Big Eye and put Sack to 2. E-Dragons are on steroids but they are only as strong as their Rank 7 Xyz monsters.

Twio12 wrote:Better yet, scrap the individual card banlist and just make a list of banned archetypes like when T3 was here, i.e. no more than 7 cards from these archetypes can be used in a duel. That way you don't completely screw people who are teching cards like tenki, bear, rabbit and 1-2 e drags.

In my opinion, the banned archetypes should be:

Dragon Rulers
Prophecy
Mermails
Burn
Dark World
Lightsworns
FTK / OTK decks (excluding Karakuris)
Special Win Condition

Realistically I can't think of any other decks which we can classify as being "unfair".

A problem I have with a banlist like that is because it is being too vague. The reason why archetypes are powerful isn;t because the entire deck is unfair, its because of a small set of cards some idiot made. Lets move down the list of the archetypes.

Dragon Rulers: Big Eye and Dracosack. Ban/limit those and they don't have much going for them.
Prophecy: Spellbook Judgement Day. Should be simple to understand.
Mermail: They require too much skill to play and use.
Burn: Alright, i don't have anything to say to this.
Dark World: Ban Card Destruction and possibly limit dragged. They lost their monster reborn on steroids.
Lightsworn: They are irrelevant. They have no consistency and can easily be countered.
FTK/OTK Decks: No comment. You are right on that.
Special Win Condition: Yep.

Most of the above decks are powerful because of a small group of cards. Banning the entire archetype is unfair simply because of 1 broken card.

I'll update the above banlist as soon as possible.

Note: Although this is irrelevant to the topic, please do not double/triple post. If you have to add something new, use the edit button.

12Academy Banlist Empty Re: Academy Banlist Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:12 am

Twio12

Twio12

JustAnotherDuelist wrote:
A problem I have with a banlist like that is because it is being too vague. The reason why archetypes are powerful isn;t because the entire deck is unfair, its because of a small set of cards some idiot made. Lets move down the list of the archetypes.

Dragon Rulers: Big Eye and Dracosack. Ban/limit those and they don't have much going for them.
Prophecy: Spellbook Judgement Day. Should be simple to understand.
Mermail: They require too much skill to play and use.
Burn: Alright, i don't have anything to say to this.
Dark World: Ban Card Destruction and possibly limit dragged. They lost their monster reborn on steroids.
Lightsworn: They are irrelevant. They have no consistency and can easily be countered.
FTK/OTK Decks: No comment. You are right on that.
Special Win Condition: Yep.

Most of the above decks are powerful because of a small group of cards. Banning the entire archetype is unfair simply because of 1 broken card.

I'm fine with this. We just have to be careful when hitting splashable cards. For example, Tenki is used in Wind-ups, X-Sabers, Constellars and Bujins. A new breed of Fire Fist deck is starting to appear, so I would suggest limiting Chicken instead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum