Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shorten the Navbar

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shorten the Navbar Empty Shorten the Navbar Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:50 pm

JustAnotherDuelist

JustAnotherDuelist
GFX Designer

The Navbar seems to clogged with too much information and should be boiled down to the basics. My suggestion is to make a sidebar. if you agree to this, I can assist you.

Spoiler:

If you have done this successfully, you will have been able to have made the sidebar. It should look something like this: https://i.imgur.com/6dS6Jwg.png. Thank you for listening to my suggestion and my proposed solution.

Another thing I hope to suggest is that to remove the widgets on the left side of the forum and move them to the right. having widgets on both sides decreases the forum width, which can increase the amount of space to read and paste images. (I discovered that the imgur image from DN doesn't fully paste on.)

2Shorten the Navbar Empty Re: Shorten the Navbar Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:18 pm

t3st3rd3ck

t3st3rd3ck
Administrator

Thanks a lot dude! I'll put this on someones work load or my own when I get back from my "vacation"

paulo64

paulo64

I fixed the navbar to mke it more simple and on 1 line,i fixed te dn problem and i moved all the widgets on 1 side. i've been trying to fgureit out but it was in thecss stylesheet that kinda just kept the empy space. i figured if you have anymore suggestions,let me know and i'll try my best to fix them if they are reasonable. If younhave anymoresuggestions plz letme know and i'll try my best to assist you with this. i'm the gfx expert and ik the administration panel very well.

4Shorten the Navbar Empty Re: Shorten the Navbar Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:14 am

t3st3rd3ck

t3st3rd3ck
Administrator

Thanks a lot to both of you Very Happy this is a treat to come back to.

5Shorten the Navbar Empty Re: Shorten the Navbar Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:48 am

t3st3rd3ck

t3st3rd3ck
Administrator

Yo JAD, I can't find CSS management on the admin panel, work with you on this when I next see you on DN.

6Shorten the Navbar Empty Re: Shorten the Navbar Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:01 pm

JustAnotherDuelist

JustAnotherDuelist
GFX Designer

Go into Admin Panel-Display-Colors-CSS Stylesheet.
As for what i noticed: Your CSS is crammed like nuts and even includes the basic CSS, which was already included in the forum. You don't need 3000 lines of CSS when it was already set in the forum you created. All this CSS prevents you from even entering additional codes, including the one to modify the sidebar's design. I probably don't need to make a suggestion on what you should do.

Note: I added a quick-reply box to make it easier to post messages.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum