Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Excuse Me For Intruding: A Guide to Ojamas and Their Builds

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DengakuMan

DengakuMan
Administrator

For some reason, Ojama decks have always been considered a very low-powered deck. I dislike this prejudice- Ojamas are extremely versatile and have had several decks built around them. An Ojama deck won a regional qualifier back in 2009. I`d ask you to take a look at all of the Ojamas and consider making an Ojama deck of your own. Excuse me for intruding on your personal time ("Ojama" in japan is said to apologize for intruding in a room that you were not meant to go into) and let`s enter the dynamic, versatile world of the Ojamas.

CONTENTS:

A: Types of an Ojama Deck

---------------------------------

B: List Of Ojama Cards/ Personal Reccomendations

Ba: Normal Ojamas

Bb: Effect Ojamas

Bc: Fusion Ojamas

---------------------

C: Ojama Support:

Ca: Ojama Spells/Traps

---------------------------

D: Tips

Da: Examples

-----------------------------

E: Deck Lists

Ea: Ojama Beatdown

Eb: Ojamachine Gun (My current Ojama Build)

Ec: Ojama Synchro

---------------------------------

A: TYPES OF OJAMA DECKS

------------------------------

The Ojama deck can be built in many ways to fit one`s dueling style. See the examples below:

OJAMA BEATDOWN: This is the one we all assume when the opponent says Ojama. The strategy is quite simple, yet effective: summon monsters with high defense and switch their stats with Ojama Country to create 2200, 2000 (or, in the case of Destiny Hero Defender, 2700) attack beaters. Snowman Eater and other flip effect monsters with high defense can work well with this deck. With the introduction of XYZ monsters, Ojama Beatdown has become stronger with the addition of Gachi Gachi Gantetsu.

Strong Point: Abillity to generate 2700 Attack Beatsticks almost every turn, particularly comboing Ojama Country with Gear Golem The Moving Fortress (2200 Defense now becomes Attack and the abillity to attack directly) or Destiny Hero Defender (2700 Defense to Attack- and your opponent doesn`t get to Draw a card)

Weak Point: Ojama Country is vital to the deck. If your opponent has found a way to stop you from playing the country, the deck shatters. All you have now is a bunch of high-Defense monsters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OJAMA LOCKDOWN: This is a mix of Ojama and Burn, most notably Ojama Trio`s useage in the deck to lockdown the opponent. This deck also uses cards like Zing Zen Hu to shut down both spell/trap and monster zones with other cards like Ground Collapse and them biding time to win by using burning cards (Secret Barrel and Just Desserts are very effective in this deck) or waiting 20 turns for Final Countdown.

Strong Point: Honestly, I haven`t played with an Ojama Lockdown deck, so I can`t tell you the all time good parts. But the possibillity of rendering your opponent useless while Final Countdown ticks away sounds very satisfying.

Weak Point: If your opponent negates your spell/traps, by Royal Decree or Dark Simorgh/Anti-Spell, you will be in for a hard time. Try negating the play however you can.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OJAMA SYNCHRO: This deck can go many ways, depending on how you build it. You can combine it with Birdman, Beast Monsters like Green Baboon (easy to summon) and Key Mouse (can Synchro with Baboon and search out other beasts). Junk Synchron and Debris Dragon are also extremely effective in this build, bringing back Ojamas from the grave to Synchro into Orient Dragon or Frozen Fitzgerald. And if you decide to run Chaos with Ojamas, Junk Synchron fills the graveyard quick for a BLS. Egotistical Ape also works in a Ojama Synchro deck to quickly summon, as well as Guldfaxe Of The Nordic Beasts, which allows for summoning of Thor when combined with Tri-Wight or Ojama Red. Yes, Ojamas can get out a Nordic God.

Strong Point: Ojama Synchro`s variety is a goodpoint and can quickly overpower the field. The element of suprise is always there. Depending on the build, they all have their strong points. Beasts can get Lvl. 8s out quickly with Baboon+Key Mouse, and even get out Thor is you play right. Debris and Junk can pull out a variety of Lvl. 5 and 6 Synchro monsters, 7,8, and 9 if you add another Ojama or 2.

Weak Point: Overuse of Synchros. You wprl through your deck very fast with an Ojama deck ,similar to Wind-Up, so be careful. If your plans fail and you don`t summon a strong Synchro, you are left with a bunch of tuners and no way to use them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRASHING OJAMA: Crashbugs fit in with the Ojamas like two best friends: they both benefit from Ojama Country with ease and can bring eachother out quickly. Their ace original monsters both have 3000 defense, and Super Crashbug has the abillity to act as an Ojama ountry all it`s own. Combined, the two work well together with Chaos beaters such as BLS-EOTB. Ojama Crashbug is a very strong build.

Strong Point: The synergy between Crashbug and Ojama is unexpected and mighty. Switch the attacks and defenses of everything with Super Crashbug, then use Ojama Country to create chaos. Not much else I can say: if you are faqmiliar with Ojama Beatdown, this is pretty much Ojama Beatdown with Crashbugs.

Weak Point: Deck Devastation Virus cripples the deck, not only sending the Ojamas to the grave, but also the Crashbugs and Super Crashbug in particular. Come to think of it, DDV destroys almost all of these decks.... Watch Out For DDV.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B: LIST OF OJAMA CARDS

----------------------------

Ba: Normal Ojamas

OJAMA GREEN/OJAMA BLACK/OJAMA YELLOW:

LIGHT-BEAST-LEVEL 2-NORMAL

He's one of the Ojama Trio. It's said that he butts in by any means necessary. It's also said that when the three are together, something happens.

To be honest, all 3 of the Normal Ojamas, Green, Black and Yellow, are pretty much the same thing,so I`m just going to use this one for all 3 to save time.All 3 of the Ojama Trio have synergy with Debris Dragon and Junk Synchron, and can now be combined with Tri-Wight to revive them all and fire off Ojama Delta Hurricane to deal massiva damage.

In every build I run (Ojama Synchro, Ojama Beatdown/Chaos and Ojamachinegun (you`ll see), I run 2. They have synergy and still allow you to put in a lot of other good cards.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bb: Effect Ojamas:

OJAMA RED:

LIGHT-BEAST-LEVEL 2-EFFECT

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon up to 4 "Ojama" monsters from your hand in Attack Position.

This is the primary summoner of the Ojamas. Play him and if you have any Ojamas in your hand, you have at least 1 XYZ summon. If you do it right, you can get up to 3 XYZ summons combined with Ojama Country.

In Synchro Build/Beatdown Build-2

In OjamachineGun-0 (again, theres a good reason for this)

---------------------------------------------

OJAMA BLUE:

LIGHT-BEAST-LEVEL 2-EFFECT

When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can add 2 "Ojama" cards from your Deck to your hand (this can include "Ojamuscle").

This is the primary searcher of the Ojamas, and a personal favorite Ojama of mine. When destroyed, he can pull any Ojama, including Detla Hurricane, Country, or Ojamagic.

Ojama Synchro: 3

Ojama Beatdown: 3

Ojamachinegun: 2 (Once again, youll have to see the build to get it)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bc: Fusion Ojamas

--------------------------

OJAMA KNIGHT:

LIGHT-BEAST-LEVEL 5-FUSION

1 "Ojama" monster + 1 "Ojama" monster
Select up to 2 of your opponent's Monster Card Zones. The selected zones cannot be used.

This fusion works very well in Ojama Lockdown, as does King. But in the synchro build I use, I only use him to stop some monster summoning speed and the abillity to pull him out easily with Instant Fusion. I don`t really use him or the next one besides that.

Ojama Synchro: 2

Ojama Beatdown: 0

Ojamachinegun: 1 (Because I have 1 instant Fusion in there)

----------------------------------------------------------------

OJAMA KING

LIGHT-BEAST-LEVEL 6-FUSION

"Ojama Green" + "Ojama Yellow" + "Ojama Black"
Select up to 3 of your opponent's Monster Card Zones. The selected zones cannot be used.

As fun as he is to use, and as deadly as he is when combined with Ojamuscle and Ojama Country, he just isn`t worth using for 1 extra lockdown and 400 more attack. It seems too slow to use King and Muscle in the kind of Ojama builds I use. For lockdown, though, you can consider him.

Ojama Synchro:0

Ojama Beatdown:0

Ojamachinegun:0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C: OJAMA SUPPORT

----------------------------

Ca: OJAMA SPELLS/TRAPS

OJAMA COUNTRY: FIELD SPELL

Once per turn, you can send 1 "Ojama" card from your hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Ojama" monster from your Graveyard. While you control a face-up "Ojama" monster, switch the original ATK and DEF of all monsters on the field.

Judging by what I`ve said this card can do and It`s synergy, It`s no wonder why I love this card. Honestly, look at the effect... you have no reason not to use 2 to 3 of these.

Ojama Synchro: 3

Ojama Beatdown: 3

Ojamachinegun: 2 (Okay, before you question this, let me say that the Ojamachinegun is my own design and is odd compared to my Ojama build suggestions because it relies on different cards, particularly Snipe Hunter. Just wait and see.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OJAMA DELTA HURRICANE!!: NORMAL SPELL

You can only activate this card while "Ojama Green", "Ojama Yellow" and "Ojama Black" are face-up on your side of the field. Destroy all cards on your opponent's side of the field.

Ojamas united= ahnialation...If you can get it out, an incredible asset and a virtual destroyer. Unfortunantely, due to my reliance on Synchro, I do not use it in many of my Ojama Builds. Only in Ojama Beatdown, where I actually TRY to swarm with Ojama, I run it.

Ojama Synchro: 0

Ojama Beatdown: 2

Ojamachinegun: 0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OJAMUSCLE: NORMAL SPELL

Select 1 face-up "Ojama King" on the field. Destroy all monster(s) on the field that include "Ojama" in their card name, except the selected "Ojama King". Increase the ATK of the selected "Ojama King" by 1000 points for each destroyed monster.

Again, this card onl works if you have Ojama King, and the only deck I`ve seen use Ojama King is lockdown.And even then, you would want to rely on burn tactics or Countdown rather than Ojamuscle.

All Builds: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OJAMAGIC: NORMAL SPELL

When this card is sent from the hand or the field to the Graveyard, add 1 each of "Ojama Green", "Ojama Yellow" and "Ojama Black" from your Deck to your hand.

By using this as a fake set or discard for a cost, you add 3 Ojamas to your hand. Sound investment- especially for Ojamachinegun.

Ojama Synchro: 2

Ojama Beatdown: 2

Ojamachinegun: 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OJAMA TRIO: NORMAL TRAP

Special Summon 3 "Ojama Tokens" (Beast-Type/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 1000) in Defense Position on your opponent's side of the field. The tokens cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon. When an "Ojama Token" is destroyed, the controller of that token takes 300 points of damage.

The classic Burn/Lockdown card. Works for lockdown, but with an Ojama deck like mine, you want to beat them more than stun. If you want to do lockdown, go for it.

All Builds: 0

D: Tips

-----------------------------------

Da: Examples

Ojama Gachi:

Assume you have 3 Normal Ojamas and Ojama Red in your graveyard and Red and Ojamagic in your hand. You have not Normal Summoned. Activate Tri-Wight to summon said 3 normals. XYZ sxummon for 1 Gachi Gachi Gantetsu in attack. Activate Ojama Country and send Ojamagic to the grave to special summon Red from grave. Now XYZ for another Gachi in attack. Normal summon Red and special summon 2 of the Ojamas that were added via Ojamagic and XYZ any 2 of the newly summoned Ojamas, including Red. Activate Ojama Country. You now have 3 Gachi Gachi Gantetsu with 3000 Attack each, and an Ojama with 2200 Attack. This can be an OTK if pulled correctly.

(NOTE: These Examples are somewhat difficult: this is the strategy I always use. If I find more, Ill update.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E: DECK LISTS

------------------------

Ea: Ojama Beatdown
https://i.imgur.com/044WOKD.png

This is a standard Ojama Beatdown with my own touches (Daedalus and Summoner). Summoner Monk discards Ojamagic for Ojama adds. Magical Hats also allows for discardation of Ojamagic or to fill grave for Daedalus or Tri-Wight. PLEASE DO NOT COPY!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Eb: Ojama Synchro
https://i.imgur.com/WC4yYJv.png

Another Ojama build thats pretty standard. Only special additions here are The Creator (just for a nice beater) and the useage of Junk and Debris for Frozen Fitzgerald and Iron Chain Dragon. Doesnt need much explaining after that, aside from the Transmigration Prophecy to recycle Daedaus and Junk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ec: Ojamachinegun
https://i.imgur.com/nVfM5VJ.png

This is a chaos Ojama build... sort of a fun little mix build I like to play and is quite strong. It relies on using Snipe Hunter to fill the graveyard with Ojamas to revive with Tri-Wight and XYZing for Gachi or Phoenix to inflict heavy damage. I built it much differently than my typical Ojama build and I like to think of it as one of my favorite builds. PLEASE DO NOT STEAL. Basically, It`s chaos with Ojamas.

t3st3rd3ck

t3st3rd3ck
Administrator

That's a max GP earning guide if I ever saw one. 50 GP to you sir.

Accounts updated.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum